Apple Industry Development Program
This program under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership will provide strategic assistance to the New Brunswick apple industry.
• Activities must be carried out within the province of New Brunswick.
• Must be the current owner of the land where the orchard (trees and support system) will be established and until the project claim is paid.
• A member in good standing of the Apple Growers of New Brunswick (AGNB) as prescribed under the New Brunswick Natural Products Act.
• A new entrant may apply if their ultimate goal is commercial-scale apple production and approval is received from the AGNB.
The Apple Industry Development Program has the following objectives:
• To capitalize on apple development opportunities and to improve the profitability of New Brunswick apple producers.
• To advance the apple sector in New Brunswick through the establishment of more productive orchards (new trees and support systems).
• To increase the value of apples and apple products through the adoption of technologies that will improve apple storage systems, fruit quality assurance, and orchard establishment.